Things that You Should Know Before Designing Your Company Logo
A logo design holds the capacity of representing the reputation of a business for a long time. It is so important that it can either spell profitability or bankruptcy for your business. Don’t fret, though. There are several tips and guidelines on how you can secure that your logo works to your company’s advantage. Consider the tips below compiled from interviews with industry experts:
- Have a thorough understanding of what a logo is—the business, product or service it represents, and its purpose. This artistic collaboration of font, color, image, and/or shape reflects a business’s branding.
You should understand that a logo is meant to inspire recognition, obtain the trust of clients, and help you earn a reputable business image. These are the factors that can measure the effectiveness of your logo design.
- Equip with yourself with the rules and principles of logo design. Conduct a research on the Internet on what these rules and principles are. Generally, these are all summed up in terms of color, font, and size.
- Follow the success stories of and avoid the mistakes of other logos. Think of the Golden Arches of McDonald’s and Nike Swoosh. These logos seem utterly simple, but it leaves a lasting impression on people. They work with or without colors, in large or in small scale.
Now, consider those really bad logos. Why are they considered as such? The most common error of logos that are categorized as bad designs is their inability to deliver and project the nature of the business or the actual product or service. Give due emphasis on this aspect because this is the primary purpose of logos.
- Every designer has his own way of designing a logo. It is best that you develop your own process in designing a logo. Generally, the process of logo designing involves:
- Identification of the requirements of a logo
- Development of the logo concept
- Revision of the initial design concept
- Revision of the second design concept
- Learn to use different design software. These softwares are great tools to enhance a design idea. They offer different techniques to help designers capture the purpose of corporate logo designs. The most popular software among designers nowadays is the Adobe Creative Suite.
back to Logo Design Articles